Drive Spa - Public Driving PDE
What is Public Driving PDE?
With the Public Driving Experience (PDE) it's possible to get on the track for a taste of what the circuit is like. Just for amateurs, the goal is to give everyone a chance to enjoy the most beautiful track in the world. The days are operated and organised by Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps themselves, and are run in a session format.
Options for Driving the Track
- Entry and RSRSpa Track Car Hire organised through RSRSpa
- Entry for your own car, organised directly with the circuit (Click here to go to the Circuit website)
- RSRSpa Track Car Rental only (When you've organised your own entry)
- RSRSpa Driving Instructors to help you get the most out of your time on track!
Comparison: RSRSpa Premium Trackdays vs. Standard Trackdays vs. Public Driving PDE
RSRSpa Premium Trackday
Public Driving PDE
|Trackday Format||Trackday Format||Trackday Format|
|- Open Pitlane (Access the track at any time)||- Can vary depending on the organiser. Could be any of the following:
- Open Pitlane (Access the track at any time)
- Sessions (Drive for a fixed amount of time, with breaks in between. You can't join in mid-session if you miss the start.)
- Groups (Cars are arranged into groups. Only one group allowed on the track at a time)
|- 25 Minute Sessions with a 5 minute break between each session (Drive for a fixed amount of time, with breaks in between. You can't join in mid-session if you miss the start.)
- Maximum of 5 runs per car possible (Pack of 4 runs + extra run)
|Entry Numbers||Entry Numbers||Entry Numbers|
|- Limited numbers of cars per event. Maximum of 80 entrants meaning lower numbers of cars on the track at any one time.||- Can vary depending on the organiser. Entry numbers can be upwards of 150+ cars, which can cause traffic congestion on track.||- Each session can have up to 90 cars. There are 13 sessions in a day, meaning there are hundreds of cars around waiting for their session.|
|Entry Fee||Entry Fee||Entry Fee|
|- €795 for one car and the first driver, (Shoulder season days: €695 and high noise days (110dB): €895)||- Can vary depending on the organiser. Lower cost, shoulder season trackdays with more people can start from €400, to double day trackdays in high season for over €2800.||- A single 25min session costs €100.
- A pack of four 25min runs costs €290, with the 5th extra session being €90.
|Type of Person Attending||Type of Person Attending||Type of Person Attending|
|- Like-minded drivers on track ensure a good standard of driving and sportsman-like etiquette
- First timers and amateurs are watched closely and coached by instructors, and are therefore brought up to speed quickly.
|- Anyone and everyone.
||- Anyone and everyone.|
|Overtaking Rules||Overtaking Rules||Overtaking Rules|
|- Either side, in corners or in straights, with sportsman-like behaviour encouraged.||- Can vary depending on the organiser.
- Some will allow overtaking only on one side, or only on the straights, or only when the person in front lets you past - leaving you at the mercy of the other users on track.
|- Either side, but only on the straights.|
|- Road registered and Race Cars allowed.
- Cars must be capable sports cars with a reasonable amount of horsepower.
- Race Car entries are limited to keep a good balance of speed on track.
- Street tyres, Slicks, full wets allowed.
|- Can vary depending on the organiser.
- Normally only Road registered cars, with road legal tyres
- Any type of car - small modified hatchbacks, "boy racer" cars.
- Can be limited to a certain make or type of car (Porsche, Lotus, Italian etc.)
|- Road Registered Cars only, street legal tyres only.
- Any type of cars - small modified hatchbacks, "boy racer" cars.
|- Every entrant must attend a mandatory safety briefing before being allowed on track.
- Guided convoy track walk before the pitlane opens to point out information and cautionary points of the track (Included in entry price)
|- Can vary depending on the organiser if a safety briefing is required. Most require this.
- Some organisers allow paid for convoy laps to start.
|- Briefing done in French, mandatory to be allowed on track.
- First lap is behind a safety car with no overtaking allowed, getting everyone on to track before free driving commences (which can take up to 5-10 minutes of driving time.
|Additionally Included||Additionally Included||Additionally Included|
|- Runs from the F1 Pitlane.
- All day catering included.
- Lunch at the Pit Brasserie restaurant included.
- Private pitboxes available for hire.
- Complimentary wine tasting at the end of the day.
|- Can vary depending on the organiser
- May run from the Endurance pitlane or the F1 pitlane.
- May include catering, or cost to purchase lunch.
|- Runs from the Paddock beside the Endurance Pit Lane|
|- Get to learn the track in a better environment, with less cars on track, sharing with better all-around drivers.
- Maximise your track time.
- The best way to learn the circuit.
- Guided Trackwalk gets newcomers to the circuit up to speed quickly.
|- Depending on the organiser and the day, you might get some good time on track.
||- Low point of entry cost for getting on track
- A good way to experience the circuit casually.
|More info: RSRSpa Premium Trackday page||More info: Standard Trackday page||More info: Public Driving PDE page|
|17.04.2017 (Monday)||Spa PDE Public Driving Experience|
|07.05.2017 (Sunday)||Spa PDE Public Driving Experience - Half Day 13:00 - 18:00|
|05.06.2016 (Monday)||Spa PDE Public Driving Experience|
|04.08.2017 (Friday)||Spa PDE Public Driving Experience|
|27.09.2016 (Wednesday)||Spa PDE Public Driving Experience|
|11.11.2016 (Saturday)||Spa PDE Public Driving Experience|
How do the Sessions work?
25 minute sessions are run throughout the day, with a 5 minute break in between. The first lap is run behind a safety car with no overtaking. The number of cars in a session can be up to 90.
Runs are available in packs of 4:
PACK A Runs 1 + 3 + 5 + 7 Briefing 8:30am
PACK B Runs 2 + 4 + 9 + 11 Briefing 9:00am
PACK C Runs 6 + 8 + 10 + 12 Briefing 11:00am
RUN 13 Run sold separately
Pricing - Entry Fees (Driving your own car / Basic Car Rental - Own Entry)
For pricing for driving your own car or hiring one of ours on a basic package for a PDE, please visit this page on the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Website: Spa Circuit Website
Pricing - All Inclusive Car Rental
If you need some help and more information, please contact us directly using our contact booking enquiry link: Booking Enquiry
If you want to book your own car into the event or hire our car on a basic package (Own entry), then visit the Spa website at the link: Spa Circuit Website
If you've chosen a date already and know what you'd like, then fill in one of the below booking forms and email it back to us.
- Basic PDE (Public Day) Booking Form
Complete this form only after speaking to us. Complete this form to book an RSRSpa car for use on a PDE Public Session. Entry can be organised through us, or directly through the Spa circuit. Car prices Excludes Fuel.
- All-Inclusive PDE (Public Day) Booking Form
Complete this form only after speaking to us. Complete this form to book an RSRSpa car for use on a PDE Public Session. These packages include entry fees and fuel.