Drive Spa - RSRSpa Premium Trackdays
What is an RSRSpa Premium Trackday?
An RSRSpa Premium Trackday is a trackday organised and operated directly by us. This means we can provide the best possible driving experience for each and every one of our trackday users. An RSRSpa Premium Trackday allows you to drive on the track in a safe, friendly environment - It's the best way to experience the track, either in your own car or one hired from us!
Options for Driving the Track
- Entry for your own car on an RSRSpa Premium Trackday
- RSRSpa Premium Trackday Entry and RSRSpa Track Car Rental
- RSRSpa Driving Instructors to help you get the most out of your time on track!
What are the Benefits of an RSRSpa Premium Trackday?
- An open pitlane format, meaning you can access the track at any time (No sessions or groups).
- A limited amount of entries (up to 80 cars), meaning less cars on track at any one time.
- An emphasis on safety with a mandatory safety briefing for all drivers.
- No restrictions on overtaking, with sportsman-like behaviour emphasised
- Road and Race cars allowed
- Full wet and slick tyres allowed
- A complimentary guided convoy trackwalk in the morning lead by RSRSpa CEO Ron Simons.
- RSRSpa Driving Instructors available with a range of languages (English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish and more)
- Runs from the modern Formula One Pitlane
- The best way to experience the circuit
- Noise Limit: 103dB dynamic, 107dB static
- All day catering and lunch included
- Private pit boxes with prior day setup possible
Experience your own car on track - Safely!
RSRSpa guarantee a great and relaxed day on track for both novices and experienced drivers alike. We have a proven record of minimum incidents during trackdays due to the following facts:
- We run a Trackday, NOT a test or raceday: The strict driving code is; patience, respect, enjoying the track, defensive driving, no competition, no lap timing, going the distance.
- Low numbers: A typical number of participants at Spa on a trackday is 120. We at RSR only take 100 at the very maximum. That is a good 20% less than average. This contributes to less traffic on average, less overtaking and a better experience for everybody
- Open Pitlane full day, no sessions: You can go out whenever you want. This spreads out the drivers and means the overall number of cars on track at any given time is lower.
- Rules of overtaking: We allow overtaking everywhere and anywhere. However, respect and distance are key elements in this. The car overtaking has to be 100% sure it is possible without bothering (or worse, intimidating) the car in front.
- Briefings and trackwalk: Given the fact that we do not need to explain to anyone how to have fun on the best track in the world, we can fully concentrate and spend time on talking about the ‘driving code’ and ‘safety standards’. During these briefing sessions it is exactly explained what we mean by this. If there is a complaint about someones driving by 2 other (independent) participants, this will mean this person is excluded from the event. We run strict events with a set driving code and almost never have issues.
- Typical Customers on RSRSpa’s trackdays: Our customers are people who enjoy their cars and want to drive them on the best tracks in the world. People who enjoy in-control sport driving on track. What we don’t have (and don’t want) are: Hotshots who need to prove themselves; racing drivers without respect that drive "mirror to mirror". Drivers that don’t allow a faster car to overtake due to their ego being too big.
- Type of Cars on the event: A majority of higher value, road registered, sports cars means respectful drivers on track. We avoid "boy racers" in cheap cars, who have nothing to loose and a lot to prove.
RSRSpa Premium Trackday Calendar
|25.04.2017 (Tue)||RSRSpa Premium Trackday Event||€795|
|17.05.2017 (Wed)||RSRSpa Premium Trackday Event||€795|
|7.06.2017 (Wed)||RSRSpa Premium Trackday Event||€795|
|20.06.2017 (Tue)||RSRSpa Premium Trackday Event (107dB)||€895|
|6.09.2017 (Wed)||RSRSpa Premium Trackday Event||€795|
|28.09.2017 (Thu)||RSRSpa Premium Trackday Event||€795|
|13.10.2017 (Fri)||RSRSpa Premium Trackday Event||€795|
|4.11.2017 (Sat)||RSRSpa Premium Trackday Event||€695|
Trackday Programme Timing
08:00 - Trackday Sign-In
08:30 - Mandatory Safety Briefing for all participants
09:00 - Guided Trackwalk
10:00 - Open Pitlane Driving
12:00 - Lunch Break
13:00 - Open Pilane Driving Resumes
18:00 - Trackday Ends
- Second and Additional Drivers: €249 (Includes access to lunch and full catering)
- Passengers / Guest: €125 (Includes access to lunch and full catering)
- Private Pit Box: €249 (F1 Pitlane) (Price can vary per event - please check with us)
- Private One-on-One Instruction: €149 per hour / €549 half day / €949 full day
- Race Navigator or Video VBOX Video and Data Logging System Hire: €199 full day
Car Rental Prices
If you need some help and more information, please contact us directly using our contact booking enquiry link: Booking Enquiry
If you've chosen a date already and know what you'd like, then fill in one of the below booking forms and email it back to us.
- RSRSpa Premium Trackday 2017 Entry Form Incl. Track Car Hire
This form is for booking an RSRSpa Premium trackday on the Spa-Francorchamps Circuit through us, while renting one of our cars for the event. Prices and entry regulations vary for each event.
- RSRSpa Premium Trackday 2017 Entry Form (Driving your Own Car)
This form is for booking one of our RSRSpa Premium Track Days on the Spa-Francorchamps Circuit, while driving your own cars for the event.
Comparison: RSRSpa Premium Trackdays vs. Standard Trackdays vs. Public Driving PDE
RSRSpa Premium Trackday
Public Driving PDE
|Trackday Format||Trackday Format||Trackday Format|
|- Open Pitlane (Access the track at any time)||- Can vary depending on the organiser. Could be any of the following:
- Open Pitlane (Access the track at any time)
- Sessions (Drive for a fixed amount of time, with breaks in between. You can't join in mid-session if you miss the start.)
- Groups (Cars are arranged into groups. Only one group allowed on the track at a time)
|- 25 Minute Sessions with a 5 minute break between each session (Drive for a fixed amount of time, with breaks in between. You can't join in mid-session if you miss the start.)
- Maximum of 5 runs per car possible (Pack of 4 runs + extra run)
|Entry Numbers||Entry Numbers||Entry Numbers|
|- Limited numbers of cars per event. Maximum of 80 entrants meaning lower numbers of cars on the track at any one time.||- Can vary depending on the organiser. Entry numbers can be upwards of 150+ cars, which can cause traffic congestion on track.||- Each session can have up to 90 cars. There are 13 sessions in a day, meaning there are hundreds of cars around waiting for their session.|
|Entry Fee||Entry Fee||Entry Fee|
|- €795 for one car and the first driver, (Shoulder season days: €695 and high noise days (110dB): €895)||- Can vary depending on the organiser. Lower cost, shoulder season trackdays with more people can start from €400, to double day trackdays in high season for over €2800.||- A single 25min session costs €100.
- A pack of four 25min runs costs €290, with the 5th extra session being €90.
|Type of Person Attending||Type of Person Attending||Type of Person Attending|
|- Like-minded drivers on track ensure a good standard of driving and sportsman-like etiquette
- First timers and amateurs are watched closely and coached by instructors, and are therefore brought up to speed quickly.
|- Anyone and everyone.
||- Anyone and everyone.|
|Overtaking Rules||Overtaking Rules||Overtaking Rules|
|- Either side, in corners or in straights, with sportsman-like behaviour encouraged.||- Can vary depending on the organiser.
- Some will allow overtaking only on one side, or only on the straights, or only when the person in front lets you past - leaving you at the mercy of the other users on track.
|- Either side, but only on the straights.|
|- Road registered and Race Cars allowed.
- Cars must be capable sports cars with a reasonable amount of horsepower.
- Race Car entries are limited to keep a good balance of speed on track.
- Street tyres, Slicks, full wets allowed.
|- Can vary depending on the organiser.
- Normally only Road registered cars, with road legal tyres
- Any type of car - small modified hatchbacks, "boy racer" cars.
- Can be limited to a certain make or type of car (Porsche, Lotus, Italian etc.)
|- Road Registered Cars only, street legal tyres only.
- Any type of cars - small modified hatchbacks, "boy racer" cars.
|- Every entrant must attend a mandatory safety briefing before being allowed on track.
- Guided convoy track walk before the pitlane opens to point out information and cautionary points of the track (Included in entry price)
|- Can vary depending on the organiser if a safety briefing is required. Most require this.
- Some organisers allow paid for convoy laps to start.
|- Briefing done in French, mandatory to be allowed on track.
- First lap is behind a safety car with no overtaking allowed, getting everyone on to track before free driving commences (which can take up to 5-10 minutes of driving time.
|Additionally Included||Additionally Included||Additionally Included|
|- Runs from the F1 Pitlane.
- All day catering included.
- Lunch at the Pit Brasserie restaurant included.
- Private pitboxes available for hire.
- Complimentary wine tasting at the end of the day.
|- Can vary depending on the organiser
- May run from the Endurance pitlane or the F1 pitlane.
- May include catering, or cost to purchase lunch.
|- Runs from the Paddock beside the Endurance Pit Lane|
|- Get to learn the track in a better environment, with less cars on track, sharing with better all-around drivers.
- Maximise your track time.
- The best way to learn the circuit.
- Guided Trackwalk gets newcomers to the circuit up to speed quickly.
|- Depending on the organiser and the day, you might get some good time on track.
||- Low point of entry cost for getting on track
- A good way to experience the circuit casually.
|More info: RSRSpa Premium Trackday page||More info: Standard Trackday page||More info: Public Driving PDE page